How To Trade Currencies Using ETFs (FXA, FXB, FXC, FXE, FXY, FXM, XRU, FXS, EUO, UDN, UUP, DBV, ICI)
Until relatively recently, currency trading was the domain of the exotic Forex markets but now individual investors can participate in the currency and foreign exchange markets using Exchange Read more…
The majority of ETFs on the market follow the traditional ETF model – tracking an underlying equity or bond index. But as the benefits of the ETF structure become more widely accepted, inflows from increasingly sophisticated investors have created a demand for increasingly complex funds. Here are 5 of the more complex ETFs available to investors today. Read the full story for explanations of their objectives and strategies.
- PowerShares S&P 500 BuyWrite Portfolio (PBP):
- S&P Developed Ex-U.S. Property Index Fund (WPS):
- SPDR Barclays Capital Mortgage Backed Bond ETF (MBG):
- iPath Optimized Currency Carry ETN (ICI):
- MacroShares $100 Oil Up (UOY) and $100 Oil Down (DOY):