“After two subpar years of market performance and slumping property prices, real estate stocks are inexplicably up. How much longer will they continue to defy all odds? Over the past two years, commercial real estate prices have fallen around 40%, which surpasses the last crash in property prices two decades ago. But real estate stocks seemingly have a mind of their own,” Ron DeLegge Reports From ETF Guide.
“As a group, U.S. real estate investment trusts, also known as “REITs,” have climbed 10% in value since the beginning of the year and other sub-segments are handedly outperforming key stock benchmarks like the S&P 500 (NYSEArca: SPY) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (NYSEArca: DIA). REITs cover various segments of the real estate market including apartments, hotels, industrial properties, medical facilities, shopping malls and offices. Let’s evaluate real estate ETFs tracking some of these areas,” DeLegge Reports.
They go into detail on each ETF in the full story, but here is the list.
- iShares Dow Jones U.S. Real Estate Index Fund (IYR)
- SPDR DJ International Real Estate ETF (RWX)
- iShares FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Index Fund (FIO)
- Claymore/AlphaShares China Real Estate ETF (TAO)
- Direxion Daily Real Estate Bull 3x Shares (DRN)
- Direxion Daily Real Estate Bear 3x Shares (DRV)
Full Story: HERE