CIBC Investor’s Edge Inc. today announced enhancements to its online trading platform for self-directed clients with a new ETF Centre and added tools and research from Morningstar and Thomson Reuters.
The new ETF Centre is a comprehensive, one-stop place for self-directed investors on exchange-traded funds, with extensive educational resources and ETF analyst commentary from Morningstar.
“With more and more Canadians choosing to manage their own investments, self-directed investors are looking for comprehensive tools and resources to help improve their success,” says Marybeth Jordan, Managing Director & Head, CIBC Investor’s Edge. “CIBC Investor’s Edge has made significant enhancements to its online platform to give our clients the support and resources they need to trade with confidence.”
Comprehensive ETF Centre
With at-a-glance and detailed fund information, simple and advanced ETF search capabilities, and access to research and expert commentary, the new CIBC Investor’s Edge ETF Centre helps investors research ETFs and make informed decisions that are right for their portfolio.
The new ETF Centre includes:
- Educational Resources – Review comprehensive educational articles and video series from Morningstar;
- Research Tools – Access insights and thought leadership through Morningstar ETF analyst commentary and in-depth research and reports;
- Screeners – Search for ETFs that fit investment objectives using Featured Screens, Quick Screener, or Custom Screener tools; and,
- At-A-Glance and Detailed Information – View at-a-glance information on today’s trending ETFs, obtain detailed performance and portfolio information on a specific ETF, and search ETF holdings for a specific stock.
“We know that high-quality research is one of our clients’ top priorities. That’s why we’ve selected providers who are leaders in their fields, offering some of the best online information and resources available today,” says Ms. Jordan.
CIBC Investor’s Edge has enhanced its research offer with new equity research reports from Morningstar and Thomson Reuters including:
- Morningstar Equity Analyst Research
- Morningstar Quantitative Reports
- Thomson Reuters StockReports+
In addition to these new reports, Investor’s Edge also offers:
- CIBC World Markets
- CIBC Wood Gundy Reports
- Standard and Poor’s Stock Reports
- Thomson Reuters Investment Profiles
The first No-Fee RESP Account1
In August, CIBC Investor’s Edge became the first major Canadian bank-owned online brokerage to remove annual account fees from all self-directed RESPs, making it easier for parents to finance their child’s education.