We advise shareholders to dispose of their holdings prior to the delisting because remaining shareholders will bear the cost of closing the funds according to Direxion.
The affected funds are:
- Direxion Daily Brazil Bear 3x Shares (BRZS)
- Direxion Daily FTSE Europe Bear 3x Shares (EURZ)
- Direxion Daily Japan Bear 3x Shares (JPNS)
- Direxion Daily South Korea Bear 3x Shares (KORZ)
- Direxion Daily Natural Gas Related Bear 3x Shares (GASX)
All five ETFs have “Bull 3x” counterparts that will remain open. It’s not clear whether this is an indication of trader preference for long vehicles or just a side effect of a multi-year bull market. The four international funds are on ETF Deathwatch, while the natural gas fund kept itself off the list due to its high trading frequency.
The five ETFs had combined assets of less than $17 million, representing only 0.2% of the firm’s $8.4 billion in assets under management. These products bring the total number of Direxion ETF closures to 20.
This article is brought to you courtesy of Ron Rowland from Invest With an Edge.