The majority of ETFs on the market follow the traditional ETF model – tracking an underlying equity or bond index. But as the benefits of the ETF structure become more widely accepted, inflows from increasingly sophisticated investors have created a demand for increasingly complex funds. Here are 5 of the more complex ETFs available to investors today. Read the full story for explanations of their objectives and strategies.
- PowerShares S&P 500 BuyWrite Portfolio (PBP):
- S&P Developed Ex-U.S. Property Index Fund (WPS):
- SPDR Barclays Capital Mortgage Backed Bond ETF (MBG):
- iPath Optimized Currency Carry ETN (ICI):
- MacroShares $100 Oil Up (UOY) and $100 Oil Down (DOY):
Full Story: http://seekingalpha.com/article/137045-five-etfs-most-investors-don-t-understand