Global X Funds co-founder Bruno del Ama talks with FOX about how investors can boost their portfolio with lithium. Bruno notes that if you look at lithium about a decade ago it was a pretty boring metal that was growing like most other medals at about 3% a year. All of a sudden along came lithium ion batteries, the most advanced battery technology. With all the growth in cell phones, laptops, Apple (NYSE:AAPL) ipads and other electronic devices, the growth and its image are really exploding.
See the full “FOX Business” interview below:
Global X Lithium ETF (NYSEARCA:LIT)
The Global X Lithium ETF (NYSEARCA:LIT) seeks to provide investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the Solactive Global Lithium Index. The Solactive Global Lithium Index tracks the performance of the largest and most liquid listed companies that are active in the exploration and/ or mining of Lithium or the production of Lithium batteries.
Top Ten Holdings:
- FMC Corp. (NYSE:FMC): 19.48%
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile (NYSE:SQM): 18.86%
- Rockwood Holdings Inc.(NYSE:ROC): 9.51%
- Exide Technologies (NASDAQ”XIDE): 5.04%
- Saft Groupe S.A.: 4.94%
- Canada Lithium Corporation (TSE:CLQ): 4.92%
- Orocobre Ltd. (FRA:3O1): 4.78%
- GS Yuasa Corp.(TYO:6674): 4.36%
- Galaxy Resources Ltd.(ASX:GXY): 4.32%
- Avalon Rare Minerals Inc. (NYSEAMEX:AVL): 3.93%