We track all of the stock holdings of the top billionaire investors. Here are the most recent stock purchases by some of the world’s richest, most powerful investors, including the richest man in the world, Bill Gates.
1) Bill Gates, through his Gates Foundation, recently purchased a stake in Air Products and Chemicals (NYSE:APD).
2) Warren Buffett, number four on the new Forbes World’s Billionaires list, recently purchased Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA) and Suncor Energy (NYSE:SU)
3) Carl Icahn, the 25th wealthiest man in the world, recently purchased Hologic Inc (NASDAQ:HOLX), Talisman Energy (NYSE:TLM) and Apple (NASDAQ:APPL).
4) George Soros, another hedge fund icon, is the 26th richest man in the world. He recently purchased JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) Essent Group (ESNT), Barrick Gold Corp (NYSE:ABX), Citigroup (NYSE:C) and Leucadia National (NYSE:LUK).
5) John Paulson comes in at number 78 on the Forbes World’s Billionaires list. He recently purchased Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY), American Airlines (NYSE:AAL), Compuware Corporation (NASDAQ:CPWR) and Digital Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR).
Please don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about me and how we follow Billionaire Investors into stocks by visiting the Billionaires Portfolio.
William Meade is the President of Pure Alpha Research, a hedge fund consulting and investment research firm. He is the former Director of Research at Zacks Investment Research in Chicago. Before that, he was the lead analyst at a top performing $1.2 Billion dollar institutional investment firm and hedge fund. Mr. Meade has a Masters in Applied Economics from The Johns Hopkins University. Learn more about William Meade and how he follows Billionaire Investors into stocks by visiting the Billionaires Portfolio.